Zazar Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Zazar > Problem Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Script Error on line 49

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Script Error on line 49
    Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 14:12
I would really like to use this for my softball teams website but when I change the woid to Durham NC woid 2394734 I get no information returned. I ran the debugger and I get a JS error on line 49

<pre>
a = c.wind.direction;
</pre>

(works with default woid:UKXX0085 London)       

When I run it on the default London location, there are no errors just warnings.

In the settings I do have wind turned off, I've toggled it on and off still no joy.

Anyone else have this problem?

jDev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 14:13
This is for the zweatherfeed
David View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 14:14
David Woolston
Zazar Support
jDev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 14:27
Ok so not all locations are available. I see you are using the uriEncode method to query for the XML, Yahoo uses this same XML and has display information for Durham NC so I'm confused why this wont grab that same XML that Yahoo uses?
jDev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 14:35
There is XML for this
http://query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yql?q=select%20*%20from%20weather.forecast%20where%20woeid=2394734
David View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 16:22
Hi

The woeid 2394734 works returns correctly with the plugin, did you set the 'woeid' option to true?

<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function () {
     $('#test').weatherfeed(['2394734'],{
          woeid: true
     });
});
</script>
David Woolston
Zazar Support
jDev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 16:42
Well in this example the forecast is set to true, when that didn't work I added woeid: true for that and still didn't work.
jDev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 16:44
son of a gun, I switched and made woeid:true and then set forecast:true that worked, doesn't work the other way around though.
David View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 17:02
Hi

You must have an error somewhere?

When using woeid values you only need to set the woeid to true. The value of the forecast option shouldn't matter (tested on version 1.2.1)
David Woolston
Zazar Support
jDev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 18:54
I said there was an error on line 49 when I changed the woeid to Durham.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic