Zazar Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Zazar > Help & Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Images not displaying in feed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Images not displaying in feed
    Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 06:13
Images from blog posts are not displaying at all. Is it possible to display them as media or is this not supported?
David View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 09:58
Hi Jonathan

To show images and links set the option 'snippet' to 'false'.

By default the plugin shows a small summary of the feed ,or snippet, that strips out all HTML coding. By switching this off the plugin will display the full content.
David Woolston
Zazar Support
Jonathan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 10:18
Hi David,

Thanks so much for your prompt response. That's the fix, too easy!

Another quick question about images while we're on topic - is there a quick way of scaling down the image size upon page resize?

Thank you,

Jonathan
Jonathan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 10:22
And one more question you might have a good idea on. I'd like to push feeds into a facebook wall, you wouldn't have much of an idea on this topic by any chance? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
David View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 10:46
Hi Jonathan

Image scaling is really outside the scope of this plugin but I'm sure there are jQuery plugins that will do this for you.

For Facebook you will need to look at their website developers section.

Sorry not to be more helpful.
David Woolston
Zazar Support
Novadragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Novadragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 09:22
Good day Firstly Love this script
I am trying to get images to show and i did follow this and it wont work
i am using the vticker and i am new at jquire please could you give me an example of the code so i an please get it to work thanks
David View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 17:13
Hi

I have posted a new example with a feed containing images and using the vTicker plugin.

http://www.zazar.net/developers/jquery/zrssfeed/example_images.html
David Woolston
Zazar Support
David View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 10:18
Hi

We have an example using the vTicker and images at:

http://www.zazar.net/developers/jquery/zrssfeed/example_images.html

If you are still having problems please post your code so we can take a look.
David Woolston
Zazar Support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic