Zazar Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Zazar > Problem Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

zglossary not parsing 2 levels in the dom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: zglossary not parsing 2 levels in the dom
    Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 20:22
In the example.html, if you add a "div" after the body tag and "/div" before the /body, the content doesn't get parsed for words in the terms.json. Is this a bug? I'm using firefox, I tried also with Chrome.

David View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 07:55
Hi

Thank you for your post. We are currently looking into this issue.
David Woolston
Zazar Support
Sabz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 20:47
I'm still trying to debug it myself, there seems to be a lot of loop going on in the script. If you get the type in an alert on in a console, you'll find that the type is not always right (depending on the dom structure of your page).
If you have a term in a second level
ex: body>div>p>term, it will not get parsed because the type is returned as the definition.

What I did for the moment is I added another "else" (if type != to 0,1,2,3) then I use the "type" instead of the "def" to show the definition. But that's really not optimal.

So if you come up with the solution, I'm really interested.

Thanks
David View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 09:41
Hi

We have released a new version (1.0.1) that fixes this issue.

Download the lastest version at http://www.zazar.net/developers/jquery/zglossary/
David Woolston
Zazar Support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic