Zazar Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Zazar > Problem Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

zRSSFeed not always displaying

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poubelle9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: zRSSFeed not always displaying
    Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 12:13
I just have a strange problem, i configured the plugin zRSSFeed for my website, and it's really perfect, but sometimes, the rss is not displayed in my div, and i have to refresh with F5 it several times before it comes back... or delete my temporary internet files, then refresh with F5.

Did i make something wrong, or do you have any idea what the problem can be for me?

Of course, I checked on any browser, IE, Firefox, Google Chrome...

Thanks for your help !!
David View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 12:16
Hi

Very hard to say without looking at the code, however this is more likely to be a JavaScript fault somewhere else on the page or the source of the feed not responding intermittently.

I would advise using a browser debugger such as Firebug available for Firefox to check for page errors.
David Woolston
Zazar Support
poubelle9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poubelle9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 12:52
I just spent some time trying to find errors with Firebug, but i don't see where the problem could come from...

Im wandering if it couldnt be a css problem, but i'm not sure

May I give you the link of the website to help me finding the problem?
David View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 12:58
Hi

Send us the link and we'll take a look.
David Woolston
Zazar Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poubelle9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 13:13
Here is the link, I'm not a professionnal webmaster, so maybe i made a great mistake !

Test

The rss feed is the part called 'Actualites recentes" on the right bottom part.

Thank you very much for your help !
David View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 13:26
Hi

There is an error with the 'ShadowBox' javascript function which should be looked at:

ReferenceError: Shadowbox is not defined
Shadowbox.init();

I would also remove the last comma on the zRSSFeed options:

media: false,

Make those changes first and we'll take another look.
David Woolston
Zazar Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poubelle9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 13:44
Hi again,

Thank you for your answer

I just finished the changements : i think i removed completely ShadowBox which i dont use anymore, because i'm using html5lightbox now...

I also removed the last comma media: false,

The problem still stays
David View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 15:20
The page fails on IE, I did notice that the browser is in compatible mode due to an incorrect DOCTYPE declaration.

Also the jQuery library is loaded twice, as the html5lightbox.js also loads it:

<script src="styles/html5lightbox/html5lightbox.js" type="text/javascript">
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.sud1formatic.fr/test/styles/html5lightbox/jquery.js">
<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js">

Validating the page shows up 36 errors and 12 warnings (see the following link) much of which could solved by an XHTML or HTML5 document type.

W3 Vaildator

The page does work reliably on Firefox but that’s probably because it’s a far better browser than IE.

Hope it helps.
David Woolston
Zazar Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poubelle9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 18:23
Thank you for all these détails !

i suppose i should delete one of the two jQuery Library, problably the one loaded with html5lightbox.js

What is strange is that the page works more reliably on Firefox than IE, but sometimes it doesnt even work on Firefox after several 'refreshes'.

I'll try all this as soon as possible, i hope it will work !

Thank you very much !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poubelle9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 19:20
Seems to work great now !!

No problem anymore after changing to html5 document type, and deleting the older jquery.js

Thank you very much, u did a great work for me !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic